Staying ahead of fraudsters and protecting your identity is tricky at the best of times, but certain events in our lives can make it easier for criminals. One of the most common of these is getting a new credit or debit card.
There are many dangers with a new card starting from receiving through the post to trying to remember new pin numbers so we have put together a list of top tips to keep you safe with a new card:
1. If possible pick up your card at your bank or building society; your post can be intercepted
2. Cut up your old card as soon as you get your new one – make sure you split up the numbers on the front and the three digit code on the back
3. We would recommend choosing a completely random PIN, one that is not a numeric sequence, or a sequence on the keypad. We would strongly advise that the PIN does not relate to your date of birth, or link to any other information held in your wallet. It is also strongly recommended not to use the same PINs and passcodes for different cards and devices.
4. If there is a delay in receiving your new card or the envelope looks like it may have been tampered with, we recommend keeping an eye on your accounts and report any transactions you do not recognise immediately to your bank.
5. Register the new card on your DataPatrol account
Here at Garlik we can help, so let us know if you believe you have fallen victim to a scam or if you have any questions or queries – get in touch at email@example.com
Stay Safe & Stay Aware