- 1. Who is behind Garlik?
- 2. What should I do when I receive an alert from DataPatrol?
- 3. If my personal information is found on a public website what can Garlik do to help me?
- 4. How do I contact Garlik customer service?
- 5. What happens if I lose my DataPatrol log in details?
- 6. How do I change my password?
- 7. How much does DataPatrol cost?
- 8. How can I buy DataPatrol?
- 9. How frequently will I receive updates from DataPatrol?
- 10. How do I protect more information?
- 11. Is DataPatrol secure?
- 12. Is DataPatrol available outside the UK?
- 13. Who regulates your work?
1. Who is behind Garlik?
Garlik is a team of leading privacy experts and technology innovators who help consumers and their families to manage and protect their personal and financial information in the digital world. Garlik was set up by the founders of the online banks, Egg and FirstDirect.
2. What should I do when I receive an alert from DataPatrol?
When you receive an alert from DataPatrol, log in to your account and you’ll find the affect information highlighted with a red exclamation mark. Click on the mark and a pop up will appear with information about the steps to take in order to deal with the situation.
3. If my personal information is found on a public website what can Garlik do to help me?
If your personal information is found on a public website, you’ll receive an alert advising you to log in to your DataPatrol account. There you’ll find the compromised data marked with an exclamation mark. Clicking on that mark will open a window providing the website address where your information is being stored. You can contact the website and request that your personal details are removed. If you need help doing that please contact Garlik Customer Service.
4. How do I contact Garlik customer service?
If you have a query that is not answered here, please email our Customer Service at email@example.com or phone at 0344 481 0050.
5. What happens if I lose my DataPatrol log in details?
If you lose your log in details you can use the “Forgotten Password” option on the log in page. If you are unsure, you can contact Garlik Customer Service and one of our advisors will be able to help.
6. How do I change my password?
Simply log in with your existing password, and select ‘Account settings’ from the top of the screen. You then need to select ‘Change it’ under the “your password” section and simply follow the on-screen instructions.
7. How much does DataPatrol cost?
DataPatrol costs £45 for a 12 month subscription. This entitles you to all DataPatrol features, including daily monitoring of your information across the web, social networks and the dark web.
You’ll also have access to the Garlik Care support service for help and advice should you fall victim of online fraud or just want to know how you can better protect yourself.
In addition, we’ll send you monthly updates and advisory notices with lots of hints and tips to ensure you stay one step ahead of the cybercriminals.
8. How can I buy DataPatrol?
DataPatrol can be purchased online in few easy steps.
Once you’ve set up a subscription, you’ll just need to add some personal information and choose a username and password to get started.
If you need any help opening an account, please email our Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 0344 481 0050. One of our advisors will be happy to help.
9. How frequently will I receive updates from DataPatrol?
DataPatrol monitors your information continuously across millions of unsecure web pages, social networks and the dark web (sites, forums and databases where personal information is traded). You’ll receive an alert only when DataPatrol finds any issues that need your attention, so you’ll have early warning if anything comes up that might put you at risk.
10. How do I protect more information?
At the outset, DataPatrol will automatically be updated with the personal details you used to register for the service. However, in order to get the best out of DataPatrol, you need to regularly update your account with the items of personal and financial information that are important for you to keep safe.
It’s completely up to you how much or how little information you add to your DataPatrol account.
Your personal data is split into three sections within the DataPatrol service:
- Personal details – here you can enter your usernames, aliases, nicknames, login IDs and any other names that you go by – any of which could put you at risk of online crime if exposed alongside other personal information online. You can also enter important data such as your National Insurance number and passport number in this section.
- Financial details – here you are encouraged to enter your credit card, store cards, and bank account numbers so that we can ensure that these sensitive details are not exposed or being traded online.
- Contact details – use this section to enter your email addresses, home addresses and phone numbers. It is important to include previous addresses, and personal as well as business email addresses, as this sort of information is commonly used by criminals to build up a picture of you and your personal history.
11. Is DataPatrol secure?
DataPatrol is an extremely hard target for online criminals. We undergo frequent security testing to the highest standards - to ensure the information you have stored within DataPatrol is kept safe. DataPatrol is used by the customers of a number of leading banks in the UK and internationally.
12. Is DataPatrol available outside the UK?
DataPatrol from Garlik.com is currently available to UK residents only and Garlik Angel is available to US residents only. If you are interested in partnering with Garlik to offer DataPatrol to your customers outside the UK, please contact us at email@example.com
13. Who regulates your work?
Garlik is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and is a member of the Enterprise Privacy Group (EPG), an association dedicated to best practice in the security of personal information
Find out if your email address has been compromised in recent data breaches using our free email checker.
Our hot spot map illustrates where in the UK we have seen our users fall victim to online fraud
If you receive an email that you think might be a scam, even if you are not sure then let us know and we will give you our expert opinion.
Click here now to protect yourself and your family against identity theft and financial fraud.SIGN UP